Rainbow Barley Salad
Boil Barley according to package directions, drain and spray with cold water. Mix seasoning and toss with all ingredients. Use two packages of seasoning for more flavor. Chill for 2 hours before serving. *Find barley in the rice or past aisle. Quick-cook barley will be ready in 10 minutes but won’t stay firm for as many days as regular barley which cooks in approximately 50 minutes. **Use 1 box (14 oz) Rotini whole wheat pasta if preferred.
- 1 box (16 oz) Barley
- 1 carton grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 2 broccoli crowns, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 can black or green olives, halved
- 1 cup pepperoncini, chopped
- 1 container (16 oz) feta cheese crumbles
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1-2 packages dry Italian seasoning w/ oil and water according to package directions.