Make your neck feel better NOW!
I ask that you please don’t just sit and watch! Follow along with me as we do some gentle stretching together, perfect for a break from your desk. You do not need to stand or turn yourself into a pretzel to accomplish any of this, just take a seat and let’s begin!
The stretches you’ll find in this video (in order) include:
- Neck mobilization – Flexion and Extension
- Neck mobilization – Rotation Right and Left
- Neck stretch directly to the side
- Neck stretch to the side with chin turned down
- Arm stretch with fingers laced overhead
- Arm and torso stretch with fingers laced overhead, bending to the side
- Wrist Flexion Stretch – Fingers point down
- Wrist Extension Stretch – Fingers point up
- Single Finger Extension Stretch – pinkie, ring finger, middle finger, index finger and thumb pull back toward arm one at a time.
Hold each stretch for roughly thirty seconds and you’ll accomplish this whole list of stretches in about 10 minutes. Listen to your body and hold for longer if you need it or want to increase your flexibility.
Want more tips for gaining flexibility or combating the way your occupation can leave you feeling tight? Schedule your free 90 minute consultation.
Addie Kelzer is a certified personal trainer and nutrition consultant. She believes that by making fitness and good food practical, her clients will hold the power to positively change their health and the health of those closest to them.