Relax and open your chest and shoulders!
This stretch is a client favorite because it is so relaxing! A few important things to remember to get the most out of this stretch:
- Hold your abs by pulling them into your spine.
- Keep your whole spine pressed into the roller.
- Relax your sternum.
- Place your arms at a height where you can rest the back of your hands on the floor
- If your head is not comfortable, you can place a small pillow under your head to lift your head up. As this stretch gets easier, try to reduce the thickness of the pillow, as part of opening your chest is allowing your head to sit on top of your spine instead of being jutted forward.
- Hold for at least 30 seconds
Don’t forget to breath and relax!
Looking for more ways to reduce widow’s stoop or just want more relaxing stretches? Schedule your free 90 minute consultation.
Addie Kelzer is a certified personal trainer and nutrition consultant. She believes that by making fitness and good food practical, her clients will hold the power to positively change their health and the health of those closest to them.