- 1/4 cup butter or EVOO (do not use margarine)
- 1 cup wild rice, dry
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 2 whole green onions cut into rings, use more if you like them
- 14 or more ounces sliced mushrooms, either fresh or canned and drained, (we recommend lots of mushrooms)
- 3 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth, do NOT use low salt since there is no added salt in the recipe
- Optional: 1/3 cup dried sweetened or unsweetened cranberries
- The addition of 1/3 cup dried sweetened or unsweetened cranberries to the rice while it is cooking adds an interesting and different ingredient color and flavor. If you choose to add this, you will add it at the beginning with the other ingredients.
- If you want to make a soup out of the leftovers, cook up with some extra broth, milk and four til you get the soup consistency you are wanting.
Looking for more cool-weather recipes to warm you up and still help keep the extra pounds at bay? Schedule a free consultation or call 651-895-0774.
Addie Kelzer is a certified personal trainer and nutrition consultant. She believes that by making fitness and good food practical, her clients will hold the power to positively change their health and the health of those closest to them.